Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Tuesday Morning

We had some big storms come through last night. I can't believe the kids and the dog slept threw them. I, on the other hand, was watching the weather cannel at 2 a.m. Rain has stopped but it is very windy. I hate this weather. It was 74 yesterday and only suppose to be in the low 50s today. Bring on summer!!

Emily's softball coach called last night. First regular practice is Wednesday at 7. Which means we have to haul butt from church (kids in the choir) which ends at 6:30. Tim will be home, so he will be handling picking her up from school, getting homework, feeding and then meeting me at the church with them. I'm tired from just typing all of that! Just wait 'till next year when J.R. starts t-ball!

I mentioned I had a chicken potpie in the crock, yesterday. Actually, it was Betty Crocker's Chicken and Dumplings. I didn't care for it. It was too salty! Emily, though, loved it and ate it all gone. I'm really having issues with her weight. I was never overweight until I got married. I married a man who likes to eat. And his mamma cooked 3 meals a day. Emily is taking after Tim's side and it is worrying me. She is tall ( about 4' 10") but she weighs 90 pounds. She'll be 9 next month. I've tried to cut back on sweets - but like her dad, she likes to eat! Not sure how to handle this. She is getting a belly on her. I need to get her more active - not so much to cut back her food. Softball will help some, but it is stop and go. Maybe it's a phase and she slim down as she gets taller. My stepdaughter did that. She was a little over weight until 14 or 15.

I worry too much, I guess.

Oh well. I should go do some work - since that it what I get paid for!

No comments: