Friday, March 18, 2005

Oh happy day!

Not only is today Friday which means I am off tomorrow and Sunday but my boss just informed me that I am getting a raise! Now those are very hard to come by in state gov. so I must be really special. It is a 5% raise - a merit increase, which will be followed on July 1 with a 4% COLA for everyone. Or at least it looks like the legislature is going to pass the 4%.

I was very excited about that until I remembered our house payment is going up $120 next month, so of my raise, I might see $1 of it! Oh well - at least it covers all of the increase on the house payment. Dumb asses underestimated our taxes when we bought the new house. Instead of $1500 it was $2300. UGH!!

Dh called and said his dd may be here for the weekend. Fine with me - but advanced warning would be nice. My house is a wreck!

Emily has softball in the morning and has to sing at church on Sunday. Both kids have Easter egg hunts at church at different times. I may skip J.R.'s because his class is going on one on Monday and there is just not enough time for everything on the weekend. He won't know anyways. Poor 2nd child syndrome again. LOL He'll really be just fine.

Took Emily back to the dr. this a.m. to recheck her asthma. Had to take J.R. too as I was running late. I was nuts by the time I got there with them bickering in the car. When the dr. came in he said "How are WE today?" I said they were fine but I was nuts. I told him I was going to work to regain my sanity. He laughed at me - he has 6 kids . Probably thinks I'm at whimp! But this whimp is helping him to pay for that nice Lexus SUV I see him driving - I've always wanted one of those, too!

When I checked out at the dr. office, this man was showing off his new baby - #9! 7 boys and 2 girls. I almost felt guilty for being nuts but then I thought that God gave his wife more sanity then me b/c he knew she would have so many kids. God laughs at my expense - I'm sure of it!

No comments: