Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Emily

Emily has been questioning me for almost a year over the easter bunny, santa and the toothfairy. I had kept giving her the same response - "What do you think?" If you stop believeing "they" stop coming.

Well, Saturday night she went to an Easter egg hunt through our church but held at someone's house. They had to bring flashlights. They got to get 5 eggs before it got dark. Each egg had a numbered paper in it that coorelated to a prize. Then they got to go back out and get up to 5 more - in the dark, in the woods. They gave them 10 minutes - she only got 1 egg. She got so upset. Most of the kids didn't get but 1 or 2. But she was still upset.Anyway, when they started to wrap up, the leader said "Let's have a word of prayer." And Emily shouted out, "No!" The lady just looked at her - Emily started to cry and we went on with our prayer. I was so embarrassed! I know it wasn't about the prayer - just that she wanted to get more eggs. But I still wanted to hide under a rock.

So, on the way home I was lecturing her and mentioned the Easter Bunny would be disappointed and might not bring her much. She said there isn't an easter bunny and guess what came out of my mouth:

"You're exactly right! There is no Easter Bunny, No Santa, No tooth fairy, nothing!"She said, she knew it was me and dh. Then I told her she should think of how much money we had spent on her over the years.I was so upset - at her - at me - at the easter egg hunt! I know she has suspected it for a while now - but now she knows and it is all my fault! I feel like I lost my "little girl" Saturday night and there isn't anything I can do to take it back.

The above was copied over from the moms over 30 board...

Here is what happened last night along that subject.....

Emily had to go to the dentist for what I thought was a cracked tooth, yesterday. It wasn't cracked. It was a baby tooth. The permanent tooth was coming in around it - what I was seeing was the top/side of the permanent tooth. The dentist pulled the baby tooth for her.

On the way home from her ballgame she asked me if the tooth fairy would find her tooth if she put it somewhere else. I told her she should put it under her pillow - not to make the tooth fairy look for it, which she did.

I can't figure out if she doesn't believe what I told her - or if she is just playing along or what. She was excited about her $5 this morning. She wanted to take it to school which I put a halt to.

No comments: